Why Johannesburg Has My Favourite Crowne Plaza

Comfortable bed
I recently stayed a weekend at Crowne Plaza Johannesburg, located in the Rosebank area of the city. The area is very nice, safe and with one of the world's best shopping malls.

Crowne Plaza turned out to be a pleasant surprise. I stayed in one of the recently renovated suites, and the hotel has done a great job. Contemporary design, comfortable bed, freestanding bathtub and complimentary high-speed internet access. All in a smoke-free environment and with a really good breakfast buffet.

The best service I have seen from a Crowne Plaza hotel must have been at their airport hotel in Singapore. Service is the most important thing in a hotel, but the feel, design and location makes this hotel my favourite Crowne Plaza. The service is not as attentive in this hotel, but I found the staff to be warm and helpful. There are better value options in Johannesburg, but for a chain hotel with a great location, Crowne Plaza is hard to beat.

Following my weekend at Crowne Plaza, I stayed the following Monday night at their sister hotel, Holiday Inn Rivonia Road in Sandton and it had many of the same standards. Smoke free, complimentary high-speed internet access and a good breakfast buffet. The design is not as contemporary as in Crowne Plaza, but it's a very nice property with complimentary shuttle service to Nelson Mandela Square every hour.




Contemporary bathroom

Related Posts

Why Johannesburg Has My Favourite Crowne Plaza
4/ 5
Oleh