A Week at The Haystack

Back in July, I moved my base permanently to South Africa, deciding to be based in the area of Johannesburg and Pretoria for the remaining of the year. Instead of getting an apartment, I decided it would be best to move between different properties to keep exploring great properties in one of my favourite countries. The Haystack is a small 4-star property located near Rivonia Village in Johannesburg. Owned by a Nigerian architect, The Haystack offers excellent value for money, new contemporary apartments and great service from the kind staff. I stayed for a week, and the apartment was equally as comfortable as staying in a 5-star hotel. The kitchen was a big plus in my book as I could cook myself instead of always eating out as I do when staying in hotels.

The Haystack is situated less than 10 minutes from Sandton by car but has a special country feel to it with the garden and swimming pool. All lovely. The only negative point is the unstable internet that often didn't work or was very slow. The internet is mainly slow as this property is much cheaper than your typical 4-star hotel in South Africa, but in my opinion a better experience. Buy mobile data and the internet problem is fixed!

The Haystack can be booked for as low as 41 dollars per night on Airbnb for the cheapest room, number 6, which I stayed in. https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/6683799
You can get 25 dollars off by signing up through my link http://www.airbnb.com/c/htravel1 if you have not yet tried Airbnb.

The Haystack does not yet have a website but is bookable through various websites.

Related Posts

A Week at The Haystack
4/ 5
Oleh