Photos from North Korea: A Wonderfully Surreal Experience

Is it really possible to visit North Korea? The answer is yes and it's not that difficult. You don't even need to visit an embassy to get your North Korean visa. All you need is a double entry Chinese or Russian visa and the tour operator will take care of the rest.

In 1993, Koryo Tours was founded by  Nick Bonner and Joshua Green and has since been the leading travel company for North Korea. My experience with Koryo Tours began with excellent e-mail communications with Simon and James, and followed with great North Korean guides on arrival in Pyongyang's international airport.

I spend three nights in North Korea and you can read about my experience in North Korea in one of my upcoming books. Below are my best photos from this wonderfully surreal country.





































































Related Posts

Photos from North Korea: A Wonderfully Surreal Experience
4/ 5
Oleh